Original Bob’s Shooting Range

2008 – 2020

It is with great sadness that we notify you Original Bob’s Shooting Range is now permanently closed and will not reopen due to obvious reasons.
We would like to thank everyone that has been part of our journey for the last 31 years. With its ups and downs we would not trade the memories we have gained and stories we have shared for anything. I would also like to thank Bob’s staff from most recent to the dinosaurs from our earliest years. Without your hard work, dedication and professionalism we would have never become the go to shop for so many of our patrons. Farewell to all thank you for so many great years and never give up the fight!!!!
Carl, Aaron, Steve, Justin and of course the one and only ORIGINAL BOB OG!!!!

  • owner is Bob Bernstein
  • The former business located at this site was known as “Bob Tactical”

Original Bob’s Shooting Range

  • SALISBURY, MA (978) 499-4867
    90 Lafayette Road Salisbury, MA 01952
  • SEABROOK, NH (603) 814-4148
    256 Lafayette Rd. Seabrook, NH 03874

Continue reading

Smith & Wesson Gallery of Firearms History – Wood Museum

1,600 guns (150 on display)

Created in 1995

Springfield, MA

  • 2,000 sq. feet
  • 15 cases
  • 1995 & 1998, Smith & Wesson donated the factory reference & prototype collection of
    1,462 firearms to create the Smith & Wesson Gallery of Firearms History
  • supplemented by donations from collectors
  • more than 400,000 Smith & Wesson documents


Springfield Armory National Historic Site

 10,000 guns (1,500 on display)

1978 Springfield Armory National Historic Site opens

Springfield, MA 


  • Long-barreled muskets of 1795
  • Springfield Model 1816
  • M1861
  • Krag-Jorgenson
  • Erskine Allin’s M1873 Trapdoor
  • Bolt action 1903 Springfield
  • M1 Garand
  • M14
  • M60 machine gun
  • Firearms donated by Presidents:
    Kennedy, Eisenhower, Roosevelt, and Wilson
  • Many prototypes
  • Cutaway ‘skeletonized’ guns for instruction

  • 1777 George Washington approves the site & establishes the Arsenal
  • 1787 Shays’ Rebellion happens at the armory
  • 1794 First national armory began manufacturing muskets
    – 40 employees
    – produced a few hundred 1795 Flintlock Muskets each year
  • 1798 Watershops established on Mill River (to provide water power)
  • 1818 the first replicating machines
  • 1819 the first Blanchard Lathe
  • 1843 “The Arsenal at Springfield” poem by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • 1862 Harpers Ferry armory is destroyed (Springfield is the only manufacturer)
  • 1892 Krag-Jorgensen rifle is adopted
  • 1903 Springfield M1903 rifle goes into service
  • 1919-1953 John Garand was employed at the Springfield Armory until his retirement
  • 1936 M1 Garand introduced (3.7 million produced)
  • 1940 Main Arsenal (the current museum) Building 104 is completed
    – for mass production of the M1 Garand
  • 1941 John Garand gets Meritorious Civilian Service Award
  • During World War II, over 14,000 workers
    many women were the WOW, Women Ordnance Workers
  • April 1968 Factory closes
  • 1974 Designated a National Historic Site
  • 1978 Springfield Armory National Historic Site opens
  • the world’s largest collection of historic American military firearms
  •  Year-round public programs, exhibits, and special events
  • Benton Small Arms Museum
  • Springfield Armory Historic Library
  • Armory Memorabilia Collection
This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is Gun-Museum-Springfield-Armory-National-Historic-Site-3.png

Museum entry is FREE.
Plenty of parking available.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is Gun-Museum-Springfield-Armory-National-Historic-Site-4.jpg

Springfield Armory National Historic Site
One Armory Square
Suite 2
Springfield, MA 01105

Phone: (413) 734-8551