Museum of the Fur Trade

800 guns on display

1956

Chadron, Nebraska

  • 1837 James Bordeaux’s trading post established
  •  founded by Charles E. Hanson, Jr.
  • 1953 acquired site property
  • 1956 trading post was reconstructed on its original foundation stones
  • 1956 opened to the public
  • Included in the National Register of Historic Places
  • most complete collection of these rare firearms in existence
  • Indian trade guns manufactured between 1640 and 1911 in England, Belgium and the United States

(Visited 9 times, 1 visits today)