U.S. Naval Academy Museum

12 guns on display

Founded in 1845

Annapolis, Maryland

  • 1845 – founded as the Naval School Lyceum
  • 1849 –  Navy’s collection of historic flags added to collection
  • 1939 – construction of Preble Hall
  • 12,000 square feet
  • four galleries
  • 2007-2009 – complete renovation to turn the building into a modern museum
  • Rogers Ship Model Collection (108 ship and boat models)
  • Naval Academy Art Collection (1,200 paintings)
  • Malcolm Storer Naval Medals Collection (w/ ancient coins)
  • Beverley R. Robinson Collection
     (woodcuts, etchings, line engravings, mezzotints, aquatints, and lithographs of naval history).
  • open seven days a week, from 9 am to 5 pm on Mondays through Saturdays, and 11 am to 5 pm on Sundays; it is only closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day

U.S. Naval Academy Museum
118 Maryland Avenue
Annapolis, MD 21402-5034
(410) 293-2108
http://www.usna.edu/Museum

(Visited 6 times, 1 visits today)